At some point in time, we all have played video games. Mario, Tetris or even Wolfenstein 3D were fun video games of 90’s. These were the blockbuster titles of their time. With the advancement of technology, where now we have more sophisticated computers and gaming consoles, the games have evolved too.
The game’s graphics, the storyline, single or multiplayer, and better control are what a gamer looks for to play. Of course, each gamer is different, and so comes the choice of the game selection. Despite millions of games available to play, here are five games that are worth your time despite some drawbacks.
Here are the Top 5 Video Games Ranked:
Counter Strike Global offensive
Counter strike Global offensive is a very popular game in the e-sports world. It’s a skill and tactic-based game. In the competitive world of E-sports, CS: GO is not played just for fun but also for online gaming tournaments.
Counter Strike Global Offensive is an FPS shooter game that includes a group of terrorists and counter-terrorists. The terrorist has to plant the bomb at one of the two sites. They are named site A or site B. Counter-terrorists have to defend the site or defuse the bomb by eliminating terrorists.
What Makes Counter Strike Global Offensive a Good Game
- It is a multiplayer game that we can play with friends, family, or anyone globally.
- The graphics are realistic, and the sound quality of gunshots, bomb blasts, and background is impressive.
- Skins of guns are quite affordable. You can even trade them with other players as well.
- There are many modes in Counter Strike Global Offensive that can make the game better, and you can never get bored.
Limitations of the Counter Strike Global Offensive
- There are still some bugs and glitches which can turn your mood down.
- Hackers and cheaters are likely to ruin the game.
- There are chances of spam and fraud in trading.
- Server issues in competitive mode, and it can sometimes take a lot of time to find a single match.
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed has its own name in the market. It is a well-established series of racing games. Out of many, Need for Speed: Most Wanted is one of the most appreciated games. Apart from regular racing, it has many modes that will allow you to feel the thrill. It is an open-world racing game that can be played offline, so you can feel free if you are struggling with the internet. All the themes and music are related to tracks, roads, and missions, so be ready to turn the volume up.
The game’s theme is to run from cops and hide yourself in a hideout.
What Makes Need for Speed: Most Wanted a Good Game
- The graphics are good, and the quality of the cars and their character seem to be realistic.
- Customization of cars is very easy. Paint jobs, vinyl, etc., are available.
- There are many modes that make the game addictive, interesting and engaging.
- System requirement is low for smooth gameplay, allowing you to play even on an old PC.
Limitations of the Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Cars and race tracks are limited.
- Controlling cars can sometimes get challenging.
- Story mode gets boring over time.
- Certainly, graphics at many places are compromised.
Assassin’s Creed is an action and adventure series of games. It is developed by Ubisoft Montreal. It was first published for consoles like Play Station and Xbox. Later it was launched for the Windows platform.
The gameplay of Assassin’s Creed focuses on combat, stealth, and gaining abilities. These abilities will help you defeat and kill the enemies faster. There are some abilities that players can use, like hiding in the crowd and scouting the enemies. Players can use “social stealth” to defeat enemies and complete the missions. It’s a big open world comprising various regions. Primarily the cities of Masyaf, Jerusalem, Acre, and Damascus. All of which have been amazingly recreated to fit the game.
What makes Assassin’s Creed a Good Game
- It includes the history and has an amazing story.
- The graphics and animations are smooth.
- Actions and dramas are well animated and are satisfying.
- Controls are easy.
Limitations of Assassin’s Creed
- A limited number of Assassins (Gaming Characters).
- The loot system is difficult, which hinders making progress.
- Glitches and bugs.
- Lack of female characters and female protagonists.
Grand Theft Auto
Grand Theft Auto is a series of open-world, action-adventure games. It contains missions and tasks that a player must complete to progress and uncover and explore the map. It is TPP (third-person perspective) game. Grand theft auto is a story game, and with each mission, new characters and new items get unlocked. This makes the game interesting and fun to play.
What Makes Grand Theft Auto a Good Game
- You can keep exploring the map, and surprisingly you’ll find new things at each corner.
- All the GTA games roughly fall in the same time and era. So it gets easy to understand.
- You can even apply specific mods to this game to make it more fun.
- Interesting story with modern cars and jets.
- There is an endless variety of places to visit like pubs, clubs, casinos, dance bars, parks, sports arenas, etc.
Limitations of Grand Theft Auto
- It is hardware intensive game. You need a stronger build to see better graphics. With an old gig, you might miss a lot of details.
- The game crashes anytime without saving the progress. It could be a glitch or anything else.
- The detailing of the cars is not so good. Additionally, they are weak in handling accidents.
- Inappropriate scenes can affect under-aged kids.
- Crime and violence can influence bad habits towards players.
- It contains scenes with tobacco and alcohol.
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard is a 2017 horror survival game developed and published by Capcom.
Resident Evil 7 includes surviving using weapons from monstrous creatures and other scary elements. The storyline is about a man named Ethan Winter who is searching for his long-missing wife in a haunted house.
What Makes Resident Evil 7 a Good Game
- Graphics and themes are realistic and detailed.
- Good storyline. It brings the thrill of playing.
- Each character development is amazing.
- The enemies are actually meaningful.
What are the Limitations of Resident Evil 7
- Short story with limited characters.
- Hints and guidance are limited.
- It is actually the scariest game in the franchise. Be careful while playing.
- The difficulty cannot be changed mid-game. Choose wisely before starting the name. To get new challenges, a new game can be created.
You might also like- Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds: PUBG Tips & Strategies to get Chicken Dinner
Ayush Henry is an ENFP who is a health enthusiast and prolific copywriter. He indulged himself in creative writing and has been crafting online and print educational materials since 2010. His hobbies are photography, painting, and exploring new places via road trips on his cruiser.
Find him on LinkedIn